Amenorrhea Is the absence or abnormal cessation of the menses for at least 6 months or at least 3 of the previous three cycles intervals . It is mainly of two types primary and secondary depends on the condition of the patient. It is affecting health of many girls and women these days .
It can be temporary or permanent. It can occur due to change in function or a problem with some part of the female reproductive system.
common hormonal problems that causes amenorrhea are:
- Endocrine disorders , especially PCOS
- Hypothalamus, pituitary or thyroid dysfunction.
- primary ovarian insufficiency
- Congenital anatomic abnormality of the reproductive system
- Sheehan’s syndrome
- Poor nutrition
- ongoing illness
- Anorexia nervosa
- Use of contraceptives
- Pregnancy and breast feding
- Family history
- Eating disorder
- Previous gynecological procedures
- Athletic training
- Absence of periods
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes
- Vision changes
- Facial hair growth
- Abdominal pain
There are two types of amenorrhea: primary and secondary
- Primary amenorrhea occurs when is no occurrence of menarche or when a girl is unable to have her first periods even after 18 yrs of age.
- It can happen due to changes in organs, glands and hormones related to menstruation.
- Secondary amenorrhea is when a person have had normal menstrual cycle but is now not having any for at least 3 months or more.
In secondary amenorrhea , menses may stop because of following reasons:
- A gynaecological disorder
- A serious illness
- Physical or emotional stress : severe emotional or physical stress sometimes causes a women’s periods to stop.
- When BMI falls below 19 , the risk of developing secondary amenorrhea increases.
- Excessive exercise can cause secondary amenorrhea. it is very common among ballet dancers and runners.
- Infertility : without menses one cannot conceive , long term amenorrhea can cause miscarriage or other problems with pregnancy.
- Osteoporosis : The main cause behind this disease is not having enough estrogen. Amenorrhea leads to insufficiency of estrogen which increases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Pelvic pain: pelvic pain can occur if there is some anatomical problem
- Psychological stress : not having periods can be very stressful especially for young people who are becoming adults or who want to have a pregnancy..
- Hormonal profile – LH and FSH levels
- Chromosome test
- CT Scan
- History taking
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTRE’s MEDICATION
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre has its own AMENNORHEA GO KIT for natural and ayurvedic treatment of amenorrhea. This kit includes:
1. IMMUNO UP POWDER
INGREDIENTS: Immuno up powder is pure herbal formulation. The importance of working on your immunity is now on an all-time high. If a person fall ill easily, it means their body’s immunity is low.
- This pacifies tridosha (Vata, pitta and Kapha), strengthen your immunity, keeps your digestive system fit and also detox your body. it also works in cold, fever and flu conditions.
- It consists of effective levels of antioxidants, Vitamin C and E which circulate in the body to protect it against the damage caused by free radicals.
- It is a natural immune-modulator properties to prevent and ease coughing, sneezing, etc.
- It provides quick relief from early signs of running nose, Sore throat, body pains, and weakness.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 Sachet twice daily with normal water.
2. FEMINE CARE TABLET
INGREDIENTS: It is a pure and natural remedy that contains various herbs extract that works on the female reproductive system and make it healthy. These tablets show antioxidant properties, anti inflammatory and immuno modulater properties.
- It contains Ghritkumari , Muramakki, Sonth. It works in various diseases like pcod, bulky uterus, endometriosis, general female health, irregular menses, and uterine fibroids.
- It affects on Tridosha- balances Vata and Kapha.
DOSE – 1-2 tablets two times a day or as directed by physician.
3. WOMEN POWER PLUS TABLET
INGREDIENTS: CAC woman power tablet is a complete health supplement for women which is best for female health and vital energy. It helps to build up the immunity.
- This is a pure herbo mineral product of the best quality herbs.
- The herbs used are Ashoka, Shatavari, anatmool, etc.
- These are herbs used since ancient times to maintain female health metabolism.
DOSE – Take 2 tablet twice a day or as directed by physician.
4. WOMEN CHAMPION SYRUP
INGREDIENTS: Woman Champion is purely herbal and ayurvedic formulation. It contains herbs like Lodhra, Manjishta, Ashok chaal, Punarnava,Shatavar,Bala,Daruharidra,Nagarmotha that help women typically with mood changes, stress, headache and pain.
- It is a very effective tonic for women and help to maintain their health.
- It balances all the doshas of body and also maintain hormone levels .
- CAC Women champion helps in leading a life of minimum discomfort during those difficult days every month.
Recommended Dosage : Take 2 tablespoon a day or as directed by physician.
5. PANCHSAKAR CHURNA
It is a classical herbal churna prepared from ingredients like Shatapushpa,Balaharitaki, Shunthi, Swarnapatri, & Saindhav lavana
- This churna is very effective for acidity patients as it shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, laxative, & analgesic properties.
- It helps in removing all toxins from the body & provides good results in Amenorrhea.