- Angioedema is a type of swelling that occurs on the lower layer of tissue under the skin or membranes. Fluid builds up on the affected area and the vessels dilate. Angioedema is a condition characterized by swelling of the face, tongue, lips, throat, arms, and legs that severely affects the throat, lungs, or gastrointestinal tract, and can be severe, even May also be fatal.
- Angioedema is usually initially caused by an allergy, it can also result from a non-allergic drug reaction, an infection, cancer, genetics and stress. It becomes very important to get its treatment on time, otherwise it can prove to be dangerous for anyone. In this article, we will tell you what are the symptoms and causes of angioedema.
CAUSES OF ANGIOEDEMA
Angioedema can cause an allergic reaction. During this reaction, histamine and other chemicals are released into the bloodstream. When the immune system comes into contact with an allergen, the body releases histamine. In most of the cases, the cause of angioedema is not known but, it can be due to the following reasons.
- Allergy and medicines – In allergic reactions the body’s immune system harm the harmless substances for something harmful. As a result, it causes a variety of reactions such as secreting, coughing and in this case swelling under the skin to secrete certain chemicals within the body in comparison to the substance itself. Common allergens include foods such as nuts, eggs and milk. In addition, insect stings, latex (in condoms) and certain types of medications such as antibiotics and NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are used in this condition.
- Unknown factors – In addition to the above, other factors such as prolonged severe anxiety and stress, extended exposure to infection, hot and cold temperatures and strenuous physical exercise can also be responsible for this condition.
- Animal dander
- Exposure to water, sunlight, cold or heat.
- Food (such as shellfish, fish, nuts, eggs and milk, etc.)
- Insect sting medications (drug allergies) such as antibiotics (penicillin and sulfa drugs), non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and blood pressure medicines (ACE inhibitors)
- Pollen grain
- Hives and angioedema can also occur after infection or with other diseases.
- The swelling that occurs during angioedema can last for several hours or days. When the inflammation is finally treated, the skin will usually appear normal with no peeling, scarring, or bruising.
- Swelling of face, hands and feet.
- Redness on the affected area.
- Get hurt
- Dryness of skin
- Stomach problems arise.
- Having diarrhea
- Frequent itching of the skin.
- Burning sensation on the skin.
- Difficulty in breathing in many cases
WHEN TO GO TO THE DOCTOR
- You usually may never experience this disease, as its symptoms are similar to those of very common problems in the beginning. But you should try to recognize its symptoms immediately. The symptoms of angioedema are so sudden and often vague, it’s hard to know what’s going on. But as soon as you experience these things, go to the doctor immediately.
- Difficulty in breathing with swelling of the skin.
- Dizziness, feeling faint or feeling weak.
- Swelling of the throat and tongue.
- Feeling of different allergies mostly in the skin.
- You should immediately contact the doctor as soon as you see such symptoms, as these can be symptoms of angioedema disease, which is very important to get treated on time.
CAC TREATMENT FOR ANGIOEDEMA
- Curcumin Capsule – It is a herbo-mineral capsule of size 500 MG which is 100% safe and is purely ayurvedic formulation. CAC Curcumin Capsules helps in pacifying all three doshas. This Capsule contains standardized extract of the herb Curcumin (Curcuma longa). Curcumin is the active ingredient in Turmeric having powerful Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Anti-microbial and Antioxidant properties. These Capsules lowers the risk of Heart Attack, prevents Cancer by reducing the growth of cancerous cells, and helps in Anti-depressant property. These Capsules are very popular Anti-aging supplement and strengthen weaker immune system.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
- Amrit Tulsi Ras – This herbal preparation is in drops form prepared from five types of Tulsi. Shama Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Rama Tulsi (Ocimum gratissimum), Kapoor Tulsi (Ocimum canum), Shwet Tulsi (Ocimum basilicum), Nimba Tulsi (Ocimum citriodorum) that provides good result in cough & cold problem.
Recommended Dosage: Take two to three drops twice daily.
Detox tablets – This Tablet is herbo-mineral pure Ayurvedic preparation. It contains ingredients like Parwal Pishti, Shukta Pishti, Giloy Satav, Kamdudha Ras, Jahar Mohra, Akik Pishti, Gandhak Rasayan, Shankh Bhasma, Sutshekhar Ras, Sudhyog Tab, Shwet Parpati, Yavakshaar, etc. This tablet increases overall immunity, improves digestion, relieves acidity, helps in fever, nausea, vomiting, high blood pressure, mental diseases and eye diseases. It also helps in removing impurities and detoxifies the body.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- Trikatu Syrup – Trikatu syrup is a purely herbal formula containing ingredients such as long pepper, black pepper, & dry ginger. This herbal syrup shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, carminative, & immuno-modulator effects. These properties provide effective results in sign and symptoms related to corona virus.
Recommended dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful thrice daily before meals.
- Kapha balance tablet – Kapha tablet is a healthy blend of herbs formulated to balance Kapha doshas without aggravating Pitta and Vata doshas. It can also be used to alleviate any temporary Kapha imbalance. It is very effective in Kapha season that is late winter and spring. It consists of warming and astringent herbs that help to balance the system throughout the cold season. The main use of Kapha tablets is to remove excess Kapha doshas from the system and helps in the management of weight, healthy lungs, and the immune system
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.