Atopic eczema, the most common type of eczema, is also known as atopic dermatitis. It occurs mainly in children, but can persist until adolescence. Eczema is a skin condition characterized by itchy, red, dry and cracking symptoms. It can be long lasting or permanent. Atopic eczema mostly occurs in areas of the body where the skin is turning, such as:
- Behind the ankle
- Inner part of elbow
- On the sides of the neck
- Near eyes and ears
- Atopic eczema can vary in severity and is mild in most people. Cracking of the skin, pain and bleeding can be its severe symptoms.
- People who suffer from this also experience some time when their symptoms start to become mild, as well as sometimes the symptoms emerge suddenly and they need additional treatment.
- TYPE OF ATOPIC DERMATITIS
These are the 7 Types of Eczema
- Atopic dermatitis – This is the most common type of eczema. This type of eczema most commonly affects children. If a child gets this in childhood, then it is fine till it becomes an adult. There is no cure available for this yet. But with protection, you can control it. To prevent this, you can moisturize the skin regularly, use less soap and keep yourself dehydrated.
- Contact dermatitis – If you are experiencing skin irritation, itching and crusting after touching anything, then you may have contact dermatitis type of eczema. Its symptoms include redness of the skin, itching and the formation of bumps in the skin. This problem can be caused by the consumption of soap, paint, jewellery, perfume, skin care products and cigarettes.
- Dyshidrotic eczema – In dyshidriotic eczema, small blisters appear on the soles of the feet and the palms of the hands. Some people also call them water bags. They are itchy and when they break, they start burning. This type of eczema occurs a lot during the change of seasons. Sometimes it takes months and sometimes more than a year to get it right. Symptoms include blistering, cracking and cracking of the skin on the fingers, soles of the feet, and palms. This problem can be due to allergies, wet hands and feet, stress and wrong skin products.
- Hand eczema – It affects only your hands. This often happens to people who are more exposed to chemicals. This can cause burning and pain in the hands. Symptoms of hand eczema include redness, cracking, burning, and blistering of the skin. If you do a job like hairdressing, cleaning, healthcare or laundry, try wearing gloves on your hands. With this you can avoid hand eczema.
- Neurodermatitis – This is similar to atopic dermatitis. In this, red and scab-like spots can form in your neck, waist, hands, feet and private parts. Which is very itchy.
- Nummular Eczema – When this type of eczema occurs, coin-shaped spots are formed on the skin in the shape of a coin. Actually coin is called Nummular in Latin. This eczema looks quite different from other types of eczema. Its symptoms include the formation of coin-shaped spots in the skin and itching and burning in them.
- Stasis dermatitis – Stasis dermatitis occurs when fluid leaks out from weak veins in your skin. This fluid causes swelling, redness, itching and pain. Due to this, there may be swelling in the lower part of your foot. This can be a problem especially when you walk. It is also a symptom of pain and heavy feeling in your legs.
- Genetic are the main reasons for the problem of atopic dermatitis
- Change in weather.
- Excessive sweating.
- Use of detergents and chemicals.
- Skin dryness.
- Allergies to clothing.
- Stress and depression.
- SYMPTOMS OF ATOPIC DERMATITIS
It may have the following symptoms. Like-
- There will be more itching or burning in the affected area at night.
- Brown and red patches on feet, hands, wrists, throat, chest and face.
- Pimples on face which when touched will release pus.
- Thick, rough and tough skin can also be seen.
- Scratching will make you feel uncomfortable which will make the skin more sensitive and increase the chances of infection.
DANGERS OF ATOPIC DERMATITIS
- Atopic dermatitis may cause the following physical problems. Like-
- If someone in your family has eczema, you may have eczema.
- Even if you work in the treatment of dermatitis, there is a possibility of infection.
- You can get this disease even if you live in the city.
- If you have hyperactivity disorder / ADHD.
- Children are at risk of developing high fever due to atopic dermatitis.
- Sometimes eczema can cause asthma in children.
- There may be excessive itching on the skin, due to which there is also a possibility of bleeding from the skin.
- In some children, atopic dermatitis is associated with an increased risk of infection.
- The problem of sleeplessness can also occur due to itching on the skin.
- LIFESTYLE CHANGES AND HOME REMEDIES
- Taking bleach bath can be beneficial.
- Keeping your skin moist can also reduce the risk of dermatitis.
- Even if there is itching, try to scratch less.
- Take bath daily with warm water.
- Wear only soft and comfortable cotton clothes. Also make sure that the clothes are not too tight.
- Don’t take too much stress.
- If you want to know the answer to any kind of question related to Atopic Dermatitis, then it is better to understand from the experts. Hello Health Group does not recommend any kind of medical advice, treatment or tests.
- CAC TREATMENT FOR ATOPIC DERMATITIS
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu – The tablets are very beneficial in curing skin diseases as it contains the Pitta pacifying ingredients such as Shuddh guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Amrita (Tinospora cordifolia), Gajapippali (Piper chaba), Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis), etc. The tablet is Tridoshahara, thus is very effective in maintaining the hormonal level in the body.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
- Skin Care tablet – Skin care tablet is herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. It contains various herbs like Haridra khand, Panchnimba churna, Panchatikta guggulu, Patol patra, Ajmoda, Khadir chhal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Manjistha, Chopchini, Gandhak, etc. Skin care tablet is a blood purifying. It cools and detoxifies the blood, dissolves obstructions in the blood flow that further increase blood circulation of the skin. It minimises the blemishes, lighten sun tan, delay ageing of skin and heal skin problems. These tablet also act as a skin moistuirizer, Improves blood circulation, Remove blemishes, Reduce itching and burning sensation of skin, Prevent acne and pimples, Relieves leucoderma.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
- Twak Churna – Twak churna is a composition of two main ingredients – Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) and Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) that are considered as the best herbs for skin. The churna has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiandrogenic abilities that treat acne and also prevent it from re-occurrence. The herb Manjistha acts against bacteria such as Propionibacterium acne and Staphylococcus epidermidis which play a role in the development of pimples.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 teaspoonful twice daily with normal water.
- Blood Purifier Syrup: It is ayurvedic syrup that consists of various natural ingredients such as Khadir Chall (Acacia catechu), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Harad (Terminalia bellirica), Baheda (Terminalia chebula), Amla (Emblica officinalis), etc. As the syrup purifies the blood by removing excess toxins it is very beneficial in maintaining proper circulation and improves the skin naturally.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.