- Prostate is a gland present in the body and also called prostate gland it produces fluid substance which carry sperm during ejaculation
- It occurs when the cells of the prostate gland begin to multiply
- BPH isn’t the same as prostate cancer and doesn’t increase your risk for cancer. However, it can cause symptoms that can affect your quality of life.
- BPH is common in men over 50.
- The gland called prostate is found only in the body of men. As this gland grows in size with age, it becomes difficult to urinate. This problem is usually found after 60 years
If left untreated BPH can block the urethra further causing symptoms to worsen, you may develop:
- Bladder stones
- Bladder infection
- Blood in your urine
- Damage to your kidneys from back pressure caused by retaining large amounts of extra urine in the bladder
Where is the prostate gland located?
- In men, the betel-shaped prostate is located below the bladder, which wraps around the opening of the urethra. That is, the initial part of the ureter coming out of the bladder passes through the middle of the prostate.
- The tubes carrying semen pass through the prostate and open into the urethra on either side. For this reason, the prostate gland is an important part of the male reproductive system.
- Frequent urination at night.
- Slow and thin urine stream.
- A slight delay in starting to urinate.
- Intermittent urination.
- Strong urge to urinate when urinating but lack of control and sometimes urine in clothes.
- Drop by drop of urine even after urinating.
- Not passing urine completely and not having the satisfaction of passing urine completely.
- If serious BPH if left untreated can lead to serious problems over a period of time
- Your urine is checked for blood and bacteria.
- Urodynamic test. Your bladder is filled with liquid via a catheter to measure your bladder’s pressure during urination.
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test. This blood test checks for cancer of the prostate.
- Post-void residual. This test the amount of urine left in your bladder after urination.
- This is the examination of your urethra and bladder with a tiny lighted scope that’s inserted into your urethra
- Don’t drink too much water in the evening – it’s best not to drink anything two to three hours before bedtime. This will make you less likely to go to the toilet at night.
- Eat healthy food daily – Stay away from high oily food. It is the main cause of obesity. Obesity can increase the size of the prostate even more. Eat fresh green vegetables daily. In addition, avoid red meat such as beef and pork.
- Stay away from caffeine and alcohol – drinking too much of these things can make you pee more. This can make your symptoms worse.
- Urinating as soon as you feel the urge
- Going to the bathroom to urinate, even when you don’t feel the urge
- Avoiding over-the-counter decongestants or antihistamine medications, which can make it harder for the bladder to empty
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine, especially in the hours after dinner
- Reducing your stress level, as nervousness can increase the frequency of urination
- Exercising regularly, as a lack of exercise can aggravate your symptoms
- Learning and practicing exercises to strengthen your pelvic muscles
- Keeping warm, since being cold can make symptoms worse
- DETOX PREMIUM POWDER: Detox premium powder is made up of natural herbs and bhasmas like iloy satav, gandhak rasayan, tal sindoor, shankh bhasma, moti pishti, akik pishti, etc. The powder relieves the burning sensation, irritation, discomfort, and normalizes the aggravation of the pitta dosha.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
- TRIKATU SYRUP: Trikatu syrup is widely used to balance the aggravated Tridosha and mainly composed of Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), and Maricha (Piper nigrum). The ingredients used in the formation of the syrup reduce the symptoms and prevent further enlargement of the gland.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonfuls thrice daily.
- UTI CARE TABLETS: UTI Care Tablet is an herbal formulation of Sajjakshar (Bergenia lingulata), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), etc. The capsule cures the flow of urine, relieves the burning sensation, swelling, pain, and discomfort
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 Tablet twice daily with normal water.
- SHEET DHARA SYRUP: This is the ayurvedic formulation of Ajwain satv, Peppermint, and Mushak kapoor that balances the vata and pitta dosha. The syrup has coolant properties thus it is very beneficial to cure abdominal pain, discomfort, and improves the metabolism of digestion.
Recommended Dosage – Take half teaspoonful of this syrup in half a cup of water. Drink this mixture twice daily on an empty stomach
- PANCHASAKAR CHURNA: The churna has best results in the detoxification of excess toxins from the body and maintains the proper metabolism. It is made up of a total of 5 ingredients – Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Svaran patri (Cassia angustifolia), Shatapushpa (Foeniculum vulgare),Sauvarchala lavana (Rock salt). The powder reduces the inflammation, redness, relieves constipation, abdominal discomfort, etc. and also prevents it from re-occurring
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with lukewarm water.
- KANCHNAAR GUGGULU: Kanchnaar guggulu has anti-bacterial, analgesic, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory properties that subside the symptoms of BPH quickly and is very beneficial for weight loss, any type of cyst, thyroid, etc. Each tablet consist of Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum), Maricha (Piper longum), etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.