- Bronchitis is an inflammatory condition of the respiratory system. In this, the inner lining of bronchi and bronchioles gets inflamed.
- Bronchi and bronchioles carry air to and from the lungs. Due to swelling, there occurs increased mucus production and thus, blockage of the respiratory tract.
- It often starts from common cold or some other respiratory infection.
- Acute bronchitis is very common. However, chronic bronchitis is a more serious condition.
- Chronic bronchitis comes under chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
TYPES OF BRONCHITIS
Bronchitis is of two types:
- Acute bronchitis
- It is a short term infection and is very common among people. It is caused by viral infection.
- Its symptoms last for about 10-14 days.
- It aggravates by smoking.
- Chronic bronchitits
- It is a condition which persists for about 3 months for atleast two consecutive years.
- In this, there occurs cough with sputum production.
- It can cause airflow obstruction and that’s why comes under COPD.
CAUSES OF BRONCHITITS
Bronchitis is caused due to the following reasons:
- Viral infections
- Cigarette smoking
- Tobacco intake
- Dust or toxic gases
- Air pollution
RISK FACTORS OF BRONCHITIS
The factors which make a person more prone to bronchitis are:
- Person’s weakened immune system
- Exposure to certain types of chemicals at work place
- Having asthma
- Family history of lung disease
- Excessive smoking
SYMPTOMS OF BRONCHITIS
The signs and symptoms of acute or chronic bronchitis include the following:
- Mucus production, it can be clear, whititsh or greenish yellow
- Dyspnea (shortness of breath)
- Discomfort in chest
- Fever and chills
- Wheezing sound may or may not be present
PREVENTION OF BRONCHITIS
Following are the steps which are taken to prevent bronchitis:
- Avoid cigarette smoking
- Wear a surgical mask
- Maintain proper personal hygiene
- Gets vaccinated for flu
DIAGNOSIS OF BRONCHITIS
- The doctor will do physical examination of the patient.
- He may order some tests like:
- Blood tests
- Sputum test
- Chest X-ray
- Pulmonary function tests
TREATMENT OF BRONCHITIS
The treatment of bronchitis includes the following:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs such as steroids
CHANDIGARH AYURVEDA CENTER’S MEDICATIONS FOR BRONCHITIS
Here are some of the medications of Chandigarh ayurveda center whicha re used for the treatment of bronchitits:
- Broncho care syrup
- Broncho care syrup is used to eliminate chronic cough, bronchitis, common cold, whooping cough, etc.
- This ayurvedic syrup contains Vasa patra (Adhatoda vasica), Kantkari (Solanum surattense), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Bharangi (Clerodendrum serratum), Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Pippali(Piper longum), Lasoda (Cordia dichotoma), Pudina (Mentha spicata), etc.
- These ingredients show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, bronchodilator properties.
- Recommended Dosage – 2 teaspoonful twice a day
- Cough Go Tablets
- Cough Go tablets are ayurvedic formulation containing ingredients like Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Pippali (Piper longum), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum), etc.
- These tablets are very effective in bronchitis, cough, cold, nasal problems, and other respiratory problems.
- Recommended Dosage – 1 tablets twice a day with normal water
- Kapha Sachet
- The powder contains a mixture of herbal ingredients which are mainly made for the treatment of asthma.
- Their properties generally balance the vata and kapha dosha. The sachet contains ingredients like – Sitopladi churna, Abhrak bhasma, Laxmi vilas ras, Godanti bhasma, etc.
- It is used mainly in chronic cough, whooping cough and trouble breathing. It also relieves congestion of chest, sore throat.
- The ingredients loosen the mucus accumulated in the chest thus making it easy to cough it out. Its main therapeutic effects appear on lungs, pleura, and airways.
- Recommended Dosage– 1 Sachet twice a day with normal water
- Giloy capsule
- Giloy capsules are formed with the standardized extract of herb giloy (Tinospora cordifolia).
- The Giloy herb improves immunity, removes toxins from body, purifies blood, beneficial in cough, cold, fever, & bronchitis.
- Recommended Dosage – 2 capsules twice a day with normal water
- Trikatu Syrup
- Trikatu combines the goodness of Black pepper, Ginger and, Long pepper to create an herbal remedy for digestive ailments, sluggish metabolism, obesity, and high cholesterol.
- This syrup has best results in anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and expectorant.
- It also help to tackle the weight problems or obesity. It can modulate your body’s immune response while cutting the characteristic inflammation associated with the back pain.
- Recommended Dosage– 2 teaspoonful twice a day before meal with normal water