WHAT IS HEALTHY EATING
- Healthy eating is a way that improves health and helps prevent disease.
- Choosing different types of healthy food from fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy, and proteins,
- Eat Healthy not means to eating a lot of foods with added sugar, salt, saturated and Tran’s fats.
- Healthy eating means getting nutrients primarily from food rather than from vitamins or other supplements.
- Women need vitamins, minerals, or other supplements at certain times in their life like before or during pregnancy.
- Women should get their essential nutrients from what she eat and drink.
- What she eat or drink basically depends upon where she live, which type of foods available in that area, her budget, culture and background.
What does healthy eating look like
1. Fruits and vegetables – Take about half plate with fruits or vegetables at meals in every day.
- Most women do not eat fruits and vegetables.
- Eat whole fruit not juice and eat different types of vegetables during the week.
2. Protein – Eat different types of foods with protein, including seafood, lean meats, and poultry, eggs, beans, peas, nuts, seeds, and soy products.
3. Grains – Make brown rice, whole-wheat pasta, or whole-wheat bread.
- Most women skip to eat enough whole grains.
4. Dairy – Women should get 2-3 cups of milk each day.
- If women can’t drink milk, take low-fat plain yogurt or low-fat cheese.
- Dairy products are good sources of calcium and mineral.
5. Oils – When cooking try to use oils from plants instead of butter, margarine, or coconut oil.
IMPORTANCE OF HEALTHY EATING
- Body and brain need energy to think and be physically active
- Body need essential vitamins and minerals to stay alive and healthy. For example body needs iron to deliver oxygen to all of muscles and organs. Vitamin C helps to make new skin cells and collagen. Vitamin A helps in better vision at night.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Lower the risk of diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
1. Salmon fish – salmon, mackerel and herring fish have health-promoting powers with high content of omega -3.
- These fish are powerful anti-inflammatory fatty acids decrease the risk of heart disease, lower the risk of arthritis.
2. Onions – Onions have bone strengthening potency they contain a certain type of polyphenol which boosts bone health.
- Eating onions once a day or more improving bone mass. Onions regularly lower the risk of hip fracture.
3. Blueberries – add blueberries in your diet they contain anti-ageing property.
- Prevent memory loss, maintain blood pressure and improve motor skills.
- Rich in antioxidants, and fight against free radicals and wrinkles.
4. Green leafy vegetables – rich with iron content,
- Natural source of calcium which are good for bone strength.
- These are also loaded with magnesium, vitamin K, vitamin C and phytonutrients that maintain bone health.
5. Whole grains – whole grains including such as brown rice, quinoa, bran flakes and whole-grain breads increases body fiber content.
- Whole-grains improves the digestive problems.
- Clean digestive system prevent flatulence, constipation and colon cancer.
6. Nuts – nuts is known as the powerhouse of essential vitamins, minerals and healthy fats.
- They are good for bones and make memory sharp.
- Almonds are packed with bone strengthening minerals like magnesium and great source of calcium.
- Walnuts contain excellent source of omega-3 fats which preserving and strengthening bones.
- Pistachios are high in magnesium, potassium and vitamin B6.
- Eat a handful of nuts daily improve overall health.
7. Eggs – Eggs are the source of non-dairy calcium.
- Enriched with vitamin D which promotes overall health.
8. Yoghurt – The probiotics bacteria in yogurt helps in digestion, reduces inflammation and builds immunity.
- Yoghurt rich in calcium and decreased the problems associated with irritable bowel syndrome, vaginal infections, and stomach ulcers.
9. Tofu and soy milk – it is highly nutritious food.
- Tofu is enriched with protein and iron.
- It also contains manganese, phosphorous and selenium which strengthen bones.
- Include soy milk in diet as both these food items are an excellent source of non-dairy calcium.
10. Milk – High in calcium, potassium, vitamin B12 and riboflavin.
- Milk also gives healthy bones, teeth and a glowing skin.
- Milk can lower the risk of breast cancer and colon cancer.
11. Tomatoes – Tomatoes prevent breast and cervical cancer.
- Promote healthy heart health and protect against cardiovascular diseases.
12. Bananas – Bananas are high in potassium which maintains the body circulatory system.
- They are a great source of natural energy because they contain various vitamins, minerals and carbs.
- Bananas promote bowel health and relieve from constipation.
13. Apples – Apples are antioxidant which helps in boosting body’s disease-fighting abilities.
- Apples sharpen brain
- help to shed extra weight,
- Add apples in daily diet help to satisfy hunger.
14. Flaxseeds – rich in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Flaxseeds contain lignans a disease fighting compound that is best for women health.
- Help to cut down hot flashes and decreased bad cholesterol.
- It also helps in fighting against breast cancer.
15. Carrots – They provide energy to muscles
- Carrot rich in potassium that control blood pressure.
- Vitamin A, present in carrots promote glowing skin, and slows down ageing.
16. Avocados – Avocados are rich in healthy monounsaturated fatty acids which reducing belly fat.
- They are also loaded with potassium, magnesium, folate, protein, and vitamins B6, E, and K.
17. Dark chocolate – Dark chocolate has heart-protective antioxidants which reducing the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Rich in bone strengthening compounds like magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc and phosphorus.
Dark chocolate also help in skin hydration, lowers blood pressure and boosts memory.
18. Green tea – Green tea fight cancer and heart diseases.
- It also prevents dementia, diabetes and stroke.
- Keeping body well-hydrated and fight with fatigue.
19. Water – water is an essential component of daily diet.
- Water give energy, removes toxins and keeps the skin healthy.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day and keep your digestion system intact.