- Bloating denotes to a sense of fullness in the upper abdomen. This can be influenced by gas and/or food deposition in the stomach. Some patients face the symptom with normal amounts of gastric gas.
- Bloating is distention, or expanding, of the stomach. This uncomfortable feeling of fullness or tightness can make stomach appear
SYMPTOMS:- Common symptoms of bloating involve stomach pain, discomfort, and gas.
Severe bloating may occur along with other serious symptoms, such as:-
- Blood in your stool
- Noticeable weight loss (without trying)
- Heartburn that is getting worse
- Fever (due to an infection)
CAUSES:– There are many causes of bloating, including: diet, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation,acid reflux, and lactose intolerance.
Common causes of abdominal bloating are:-
- Gastric distension
- Lactose intolerance, fructose intolerance and other food intolerances
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Food allergy
- Aerophagia (air swallowing, a nervous habit)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Celiac disease
- Non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Partial bowel obstruction
- Gastric dumping syndrome or rapid gastric emptying
- Gas-producing foods
HOME REMEDIES FOR BLOATING:-
- Take a half teaspoon of carom seeds or Ajwain and rock salt with warm water, 45 minutes after meals.
- Drink mint water throughout the day.
- Drink cardamom water one-hour post meals.
- Drink coriander, fennel seeds and cumin tea thrice a day before or after meals.
- Avoid excessive water right after meals. Avoid heavy meals.
- Take a thin slice of fresh ginger with a pinch of rock salt five to ten minutes before meals to help encourage digestion and avoid bloating.
- Boiled gourd with jaggery relieves bloating
- Useful Spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, ginger, cloves in moderation.
- Certain yoga poses can encourages the release of excess gas from the GI tract.
- Fennel seeds contain oils that aid indigestion. Chewing a few fennel seeds after each meal can prevent
- Potassium-rich bananas can help alleviate bloating caused by salt. Maintaining a healthy sodium-potassium balance is essential for maintaing the body’s water balance .
- Herbal tea is commonly consumed after meals to improve digestion or lose weight,prevent bloating.It soothes and relaxes the bloated stomach.
- Cucumber, which is strong in vitamin C, can aid in preventing bloating and excessive water retention. Cucumber is a healthy vegetable that may be eaten raw or eat as a salads.
- Yoghurt contains bacteria like lactobacillus, and acidophilus that improve digestion and reduce bloating. To prevent bloating, eat one bowl of dahi with each meal, or mix it with Dalia, or khichdi to make it more nutritious and healthy.
BLOATING IN AYURVEDA:– In Ayurveda, there are four clinical conditions which resemble each other.
AADHMANA :– flatulence with distention;
PRATIAADHMANA – accumulation of gas in the upper abdomen only, without pain;
AANAHA – distention of the abdomen due to obstruction of the passage of urine and stool;
ATOPA – gurgling in the abdomen, accompanied by pain.
According to Ayurveda, bloating is a Vata related disorder . It is a result of weakened digestive or metabolic fire (Agnimandhya).
AYURVEDIC MANGEMENT FOR BLOATING:-
- Ayurvedic treatment include promoting deepana (by carminatives), paachana (by digestives) and vaataanulomana (by gas expellers).
- Panchkarma is also suggested for removing the symptoms and the causes of digestive discomfort. It involves virechana and vasti for cleansing the intestine.
- Ayurveda recommends dietary plan, daily regimens, yoga that includes Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation, and a complete Panchakarma (detoxification) i.e. The Panchakarma program will help to removing the toxins from your body and helps to improve your metabolism and rejuvenation treatments to recover.
PANCHKARMA FOR BLOATING:-
- AASTHPAN BASTI
PRANAYAMA AND YOGA:-
- SETUBANDH ASANA
- ADHOMUKHA SAVASANA
AYURVEDIC MEDICINE FOR BLOATING:-
- HINGVASHTAK CHURNA
- HINGUVACHADI GUTIKA
AYURVEDIC HERBS USED IN BLOATING:-
- SENDHAV LAVANA
CAC SPECIAL MEDICATION FOR BLOATING:-
- SHEET DHARA
- AGNIMUKHA CHURN
- PURANPACHAK SYRUP
- TRIKATU SYRUP
- DIGESTION SUPPORT