Juvenile arthritis also known as idiopathic arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which there is inflammation of the synovium in children who are younger then 16 year . this disease cause joint pain , swelling , warmth , stiffness , inablity to move joint or difficulty in joint movement . Commonly affected joints are knees or ankles. A form of eye inflammation called chronic uveitis can develop in children with this form of Juvenile arthritis . it may last a limited time or can last for lifelong .
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF JUVENILE ARTHRITIS ?
- Joint pain
- Joint swelling
- Joint stifness
- Rtdness of affected area
WHAT ARE CAUSE OF JUVENILE ARTHRITIS ?
Juvenile arthritis is an autoimmune disease (that means when your body’s immune system attacks your own body’s cells and tissue ) .
WHAT ARE THE TYPES JUVENILE ARTHRITIS ?
- Oligoarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis. it isthe most commonest and mildest form of juvenile arthritis affecting 4 or fewer joints.
- persistent- if its symptoms continue for 6 months or longer
- extended – if 5 or more joints become involved after 6 months of illness.
- Polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis–rheumatoid factor negative. Thisis the second most common type, affecting 5 or more joints in the first 6 months.Tests for RA factor are negative. The rheumatoid factor blood test checks for autoimmune disease, especially rheumatoid arthritis which is an adult form of this .
- Polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis–rheumatoid factor positive. A child with this type has arthritis in 5 or more joints during the first 6 months of the disease. Tests for RA factor, a marker for autoimmune disease are positive. It tends to occur more in preteen and teenage females , and it appears to be almost same as adult rheumatoid arthritis.
- Psoriatic juvenile idiopathic arthritis : in this type childeran have psoriasis (a skin condition ) as well as inflammation of the joint . in this the skin condition usually appears first but some times arthritis may appear first .
- Systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis : also known as still disease . it means this disease can affect not just a specific joint or organ but the entire body . it usually starts with fever , rashes . the rash is usually on the trunk , arms , legs . this also affect internal organs such as heart , spleen , liver .
- Undifferentiated arthritis : children who have symptoms that do not fit into any of the other types or the symptoms fit into more than one type.
- Enthesitis-related arthritis: this type involves arthritis and enthesitis ( affects sites where ligament or tendons attach to bones).common site for arhtritis are usually spine,knees, hips, eyes, and entheses are the knees, heels, and feet. this type of arthritis occurs usually in boys older than 8 years of age. in most cases there is a family history of arthritis .
IS THEIR ANY TREATMENT FOR JUVENILE ARTHRITIS IN AYURVEDA ?
BALUKA SWEDA -(SAND THERAPY)
Baluka sweda is a holistic treatment widely used in Ayurveda. In this therapy, heated sand is used to reduce painful body parts. It is the most effective for conditions characterized by swelling, heaviness, and stiffness. It can be performed on a specific part of the body or the whole body itself.
Procedure – The bolus which contains heated sand is slowly rubbed against a specific (or whole) body part. There is no need to apply too much pressure or aggressive kneading movements. Baluka Sweda should be continued until the appropriate signs of sweating occur. The entire procedure takes up to 30 minutes.
WHOLE BODY LEPAM – (FULL BODY LAPPING)
Lepa is the fine paste of the selected drugs used for external application. In Ayurveda lepa is mentioned for both ‘chikitsa’ of various diseases and beauty.
Procedure-The selected herbal drugs are collected and pounded to a fine powder form in a khalvayantra and add the required quantity of water to make a thin paste. The paste is applied to the whole body for a certain period. After the paste gets dry, it is removed with clean cotton and a warm bath is given to the patient. For moisturizing, aloe vera gel is applied to the whole of the body.
Juvenile Arthritis Care Kit
1. Pain o kill syrup:
CAC Pain o kill syrup is ayurvedic and purely herbal formulation. It help to relax your muscles and muscles cramps thus relieving pain. It balances all the three doshas of your body thus maintaining proper blood circulation. It provides soothing effect to the affected area of pain. It contains various herbs like Jivanti, Musta, Usher, Bilwa, Shatavri and Kantakari. All these herbs are natural pain relievers.
Recommended Dosage –Take 1 teaspoonful twice a day before meal with normal water.
2. Nerve up tablets:
Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas and kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchla, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. These contains natural vatahar properties and helps in curing vata disorders, speed up physical and mental processes. It act as Respiratory stimulant, helps in Joint pain, Inflammation, Stiffness, Gout, Arthritis, Bodyache, Erectile dysfunction, and Body weakness.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1/2 tablet twice daily.
3. Pain-O-kill Oil
CAC Pain o kill oil is ayurvedic and purely herbal formulation. It help to relax your muscles and muscles cramps thus relieving pain. It balances all the three doshas of your body thus maintaining proper blood circulation. It provides soothing effect to the affected area of pain. It contains various herbs like Jivanti, Musta, Usher, Bilwa, Shatavri and Kantakari. All these herbs are natural pain relievers.
Recommended Dosage: Gently Applied to the affected area.
4. Sheet dhara syrup:
It works on all the three doshas of body but mainly act on pitta dosha. It contains Ajwain, Kapur (camphor) and Mint leaves that help reduce Acidityand burning sensation in chest region with its cooling effects. It relaxes your mind also maintains Bloodpressure. CAC Sheet dhara help in controlling mood swings by which many women are affected nowadays. It also controls burping ,nausea and bloating. Acid Reflux, Burning sensation in chest region, Bloating, Nausea, Burping, Hiccups, Maintain blood pressure, Control mood swings, Stomach ulcers, Improves Appetite.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of sheet dhara twice daily empty stomach.