- Allergies are caused by abnormal response of the immune system. The immune system usually respond to a harmless substance in the environment.
- The external substance are known as allergens. allergens can be pollen, mold, dust, animal dander, certain food , insect stings etc.
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis , also called as “hay fever ” is the medical term used for pollen and mold allergies. This is simply an allergy to pollen and mold that makes the runny during certain seasons.
CAUSES OF ALLERGY
The tendency to be allergic is mainly hereditary. In addition to it, various other factors, psychosomatic factors and chronic type of infections are responsible for it.
PRE DISPOSING FACTORS
Some factors that make a person susceptible to allergy are:
- Hereditary tendency to allergic response
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Psychic influences
- Increased excitability of sympathetic and para sympathetic nervous systems.
- Dysfunction of the endocrine gland.
TYPES OF ALLERGIES:
- Food allergies
- Skin allergies
- Dust allergies
- Insect sting allergies
- Pet allergies eye allergies
- Drug allergies
- Allergic rhinitis
- Mold Allergies
- Eye allergy
- FOOD ALLERGIES: These allergies are most common in babies and children. The most common type of food allergens are:
- Tree nuts
TYPES OF ALLERGIC REACTIONS:
It may be of two types
- LOCALISED REACTIONS: If it is restricted to an area only, then it is localised , for example, when pollen grains are inhaled which cause sinusitis due to allergic reactions . sinusitis is restricted to face only so it is localized allergic reaction.
- GENERALIZED REACTIONS/ CONSTITUTIONAL REACTIONS:
Allergies that are extended beyond a particular area are considered generalized
Symptoms depend upon the shock organ affected by particular allergens and its path of entry to the body:
- Runny nose
- Itchy eyes
- bronchial asthma
- skin rash
- puffed lips and tongue
- Congestion of the nose
- Red and watery eyes
- Post nasal discharge
- Stuffy nose
- Throat irritation
- Fatigue headache
Avoidance of exposure to allergens is the key to prevent an allergic reaction but here are some precautions that you can take:
- No sharing of food
- Proper hand washing
- Tables must be cleaned with soap or water if food has been in contact
- Prevent cross contamination
- Try to stay inside the house during dry or windy season
- Take probiotics
In Ayurveda, seasonal allergies mainly occur due to decrease of “Oja” or whenever there is decreases of “VYADHI KSHAMATVA ” in the body.
DIET AND LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT:
- Take extra amount of water.
- Bitter substances should be taken regularly.
- Avoid extra amount of proteins and fat.
- Avoid difficult to digest food.
- Avoid the types of food which irritate your skin.
- Clean your body regularly.
- Wash your eyes with cold water.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid excess sun rays.
- Avoid chemical based creams.
- Use sun glasses to prevent the contact from allergens.
- Keep your room pollution free.
- Remove old and dusty carpets from your room.
- Practice Sarvangasana and Pranayam.
- Eliminate dairy products from your diet.
- Eat warm and cooked foods.
- Practice nasya therapy. Nasya lubricates dry nasal passage and keeps allergens away from directly irritating the nasal lining.
- Use herbal supplements and spices particularly ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and black pepper.
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTRE’s MEDICATIONS:
- Detox Premium Powder
- INGREDIENTS: It consists of several herbs and bhasmas such as shukta pishti, giloy satv, parwal pishti, kamdudha rasa, moti pishti, gandhak rasayan, akik pishti, etc
- The powder is very beneficial to cure any bodypain as it removes excess toxins from the body
- Balances the aggravated pitta and vata dosha.
Recommended Dosage: Take one sachet twice daily.
- Nerve up tablet
- INGRDEIENTS: . It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet helps in the symptoms related to Allergy.
- Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas.
- It reduces kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant.
- It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system.This tablet helps in the symptoms related to Allergy.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- Curcumin Capsule
- INGREDIENTS: Curcumin Capsule helps in pacifying all three doshas. Curcumin Capsule is beneficial for variety of skin conditions like Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dermatitis.
- This Capsule contains standardized extract of the herb Curcumin (Curcuma longa).
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in Turmeric having powerful Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Anti-microbial and Antioxidant properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 capsules twice daily.
- Amrit Tulsi Ras
- INGREDIENTS: This herbal preparation is in drops form prepared from five types of Tulsi. Shama Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Rama Tulsi (Ocimum gratissimum), Kapoor Tulsi (Ocimum canum), Shwet Tulsi (Ocimum basilicum), Nimba Tulsi (Ocimum citriodorum) that provides good result in all allergic reactions.
Recommended Dosage: Take two to three drops twice daily.
- Immuno Booster Tablet
- INGREDIENTS: It is a pure herbal combination that helps to build up immunity. It consists of effective levels of antioxidants. vitamin C and E circulate in the body to protect it against the damage caused by free radicals.
- It has natural immunity-boosting properties to prevent and ease cough, cold, headache, and infections.
- It provides quick relief from early signs of running nose, itching throat, body ache, and weakness.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
Panchakarma procedures to treat asthma, bronchitis or nasal allergies:
- Snehana– Medicated oil mixed with mild salt should be gently massaged on the chest and back to lose the Grathita Kapha in the chest. In Asthma, Grathita Kapha (mucus plug) is present, thus the snehana procedure is useful in Vilayana of the Kapha, thereby removing the sanga (obstruction of the airway).
- Swedana– By this process, the grathita kapha gets dissolve in the body thus the kapha becomes softened in the channels and as a result, the movement of Vata is restored to its normal condition.
- Vaman– To eliminate or expectorate the liquefy Kapha, vaman should be given with proper method.
- Nasya– Pouring the medicated oil in both the nostrils are a highly beneficial treatment in the Asthma. This is effective in reducing the severity of attacks and can be used as an effective and safe therapeutic procedure in the prevention of Tamak sawas.
- Dhumrapana– After vaman, to eliminate the hidden pathogenic substances in the dosha which are in the Linavastha (not completely purified), dhumrapana is done.
- Uro Vasti:In this procedure, a ring is formed in the chest region. Lukewarm medicated oil is poured in this ring several times. This help in pacification of the Kapha dosha in the body due to which patients get relief from bronchitis condition.
- Twak Basti
- Basti has a great healing capability and is considered to be the half treatment for many diseases.
- The treatment is mainly used for removing out loosened doshas from the body via the intestinal tract.
- In Ayurveda, there are many types of Basti or medicated enema. Twak Basti is prepared from teekshan dravyas and medicinal plant substitutes.
- Twak Basti improves your skin disorders and maintains a good complexion of the skin. It is a combination of Giloy, Manjistha, Neem, etc herbal plants.
- SSPS (Shasti shali pinda sweda):
- In this procedure medicated rice along with medicated oil and Manjisthadi powder is used on the full body.
- It is very effective and has good results in your body. Medicinal properties of these herbs help in curing the itching, skin complexion, redness of the skin, and many more skin problems.
- A freshly prepared medicinal herbal Lepam is applied on the affected part of the body.
- This Lepam helps in the burning sensation of the skin. A medicinal powder called Manjisthadi powder is used in this therapy. This powder is very effective in eczema and any kind of skin disorder.