Vitiligo occurs when the pigment-forming cells (melanocytes) of the skin are damaged. This malformation produce random skin patches over the body that can either spread or remain limited to a single side. This unilateral spreading of vitiligo is known as segmental vitiligo. It is typically identified by early onset though has quick stabilization and exhibits symptoms on just one side of the body.
Ayurveda have holistic approach to vitiligo (leucoderma) and numerous possible causes have been mentioned.
Vitiligo Can Be Classified Into Two Types
- This type of Vitiligo tends to spread rapid but is stable than the other type.
- It is asymmetrical and impacts some specific part of the skin which are allied to nerves that originate in the dorsal roots along the spinal cord.
- This kind of Vitiligo happens on the equal portion of the body like neck, arms and face and chiefly affects the area that is exposed to the sun all the time.
Causes of Segmental Vitiligo
- However, we are still deprived of the actual cause of the Vitiligo but it is to be said that the disease happens when the immune cells erroneously attack the healthy tissues and cells of the body resulting in their annihilation.
- Other cause of happening Vitiligo in which are emotional distress and frequent sun exposure. It could be possible that the illness runs in your family and comes genetically.
- Ayurveda provides the excellent remedy for Vitiligo that rectify the underlying cause of the diseases and endows long-term relief. Patients who believe in natural treatment should choose the ayurvedic herbal remedy which is aimed at managing the symptoms by terminating the roots cause. The Ayurvedic treatment combines the use of natural herbs, and ayurvedic diet and panchakarma therapy.
Ayurvedic Treatments for segmental Vitiligo
Single Herbs for Vitiligo
Bakuchi (Psoralea Corylifolia):
- Bakuchi is the most commonly used ayurvedic herbs for lowering the Vitiligo.
- It slowly and gradually reduce the appearance of the white patches and rejuvinates the skin.
- Powders of various ayurvedic herbs such as, Chitrak (root) powder, Amalaki (fruit) powder Khadir (twak) powder, Jatamansi (root) powder and.
- These ayurvedic herbal powder and Panchakarma offers great results in vitiligo patients.
2. Manjistha (Rubia Cordifolia):
- The patients who are really anxious for Vitiligo and searching for the lifelong cure than they can keep faith Manjistha.
- This herb possesses various potent properties that are beneficial in the management of different kinds of diseases including Vitiligo.
- It aids to put back the normal skin color and prevents the progress of the illness.
3. Neem (Azadirachta Indica):
- Neem has several antioxidant properties that help to lessen the symptoms of vitiligo by smashing the free radicals in the body.
- This herb also protect pigment-forming cells of skin against the damage because of the free radicals and prevents aggravation of Vitiligo.
4. Haritaki (Terminalia chebula):
- Haritaki is another nearly used ayurvedic herb for Vitiligo.
- It eliminates the free radicals that cause damage to the melanocytes and serve as an antioxidant. Patients suffering from Vitiligo can also face stress and anxiety that can also be preventing by Haritaki.
- Thus, to use haritaki is highly prescribed in the chronic cases of Vitiligo.
- The patients who are at higher risk of developing psychological complicacy should go for Haritaki.
5. Guduchi (Tinospora cordifilia):
- This herb is the good treatment for not only Vitiligo but also for many small and big health problems.
- You can find it easily nearby your homes and rural areas.
- It prevents the damage of the melanocytes by the immune cells which help reduce the symptoms of Vilitigo.
6. Khadira (Acacia Catechu):
- People generally put the question is the disease curable in initial stages? The answer is yes, vitiligo can be cure with the help of herb Khadira.
- This herb is the great remedy to treat the disease if it is the early phase of the illness.
- It is potent to reduce the white patches of the skin and helps to cure it as soon as possible if using it well ordered.
Ayurvedic medicines by CAC
- Detox Premium Powder
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu
- Tolenorm Oil
- Skin Care Tablet
- Babchi Tablet
Diet and Lifestyle changes
When we try to control Vitiligo, the first line of treatment is to detox our system. We need to prevent further accumulation of toxic in our system for which diet plays a key role. Therefore, limit all process of frozen foodstuffs from each day intakes and make sure to take a lot of nuts, seeds, fruits, and also drink a plenty of water.
- Try to take some bitter items in taste such as bitter guard, drumsticks, and others to prevent the imbalance.
- In addition, you need to make some distance from the foods that are hard to digest along with sour taste, too much salt, fish, jiggery, curd and sesame seeds.
- Avoid incompatible foods such as milk and fish together.
- Have sound and enough sleep each day are a must for healthy life.
- Drinking water from copper vessel also a way to cops up of Vitiligo.
- Do not come in direct contact with cold and sunlight and if necessary then apply sunscreen to the areas that are mainly exposing to the sun.