- Underweight could be a condition when a human weight is a smaller amount than the quality weight for the person’s age and height.
- An underweight person includes a body mass index (BMI) below 18.5
- An individual could also be underweight because of genetics, metabolism, drug use, disorder, serious illness or lack of food (due to hunger). Losing weight can cause many problems in standard of living like lack of physical stamina It lowers your immunity and thus causes you to susceptible to more infections. Women who are underweight can cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation) or infertility
There are a spread of reasons why an individual could also be underweight. Sometimes, multiple underlying causes is also related. Causes of being underweight include:
- Family history: Some people have a naturally low BMI thanks to physical characteristics that run in their family.
- A high metabolism: If an individual contains a high metabolism, they’ll not gain much weight even when eating high-energy foods.
- Frequent physical activity: Athletes or those that engage in high levels of physical activity, like runners, may burn significant amounts of calories that end in low weight.
- Physical illness or chronic disease: Some disease types can cause regular nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, making it difficult to achieve weight. Other conditions may decrease a person’s appetite, so that they don’t desire eating. Examples include cancer, diabetes, thyroid disorders, and digestive conditions, like Crohn’s disease or colitis.
- Mental illness: mental state can affect a person’s ability to eat, including depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and eating disorders, like anorexia and bulimia. Each of those conditions can affect a person’s body image and appetite.
Not all people that are underweight experience adverse side effects or symptoms from being underweight. However, some people, experience the subsequent symptoms associated with being underweight:
- Osteoporosis: being underweight increases a woman’s risk of osteoporosis, which is where the bones are brittle and more vulnerable to breaking.
- Skin, hair, or teeth problems: If an individual doesn’t get enough nutrients in their daily diet, they’ll display physical symptoms, like thinning skin, hair loss, dry skin, or poor dental health.
- Getting sick frequently: If an individual doesn’t get enough energy from their diet to take care of a healthy weight, they’ll also not be getting enough nutrients to repulse infections. As a result, an individual may get sick more frequently, and customary illnesses, like a chilly, can last longer than they typically would.
- Feeling tired all the time. Calories are a measurement of the energy a specific food can provides a person. Not getting enough calories to keep up a healthy weight can make someone feel fatigued.
- Anemia: someone who is underweight is more likely to possess low blood counts, referred to as anemia, which causes dizziness, headaches, and fatigue.
- Irregular periods: Women who are underweight might not have regular periods, they will find menstruation stops, or an adolescent’s period of play is also delayed or absent. Irregular or absent menstruation can cause infertility.
- Premature births: in keeping with a study published in a global Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology a girl who is pregnant and underweight is at the next risk for pre-term labor, which implies having a baby before 37 weeks.
- Slow or impaired growth: teens need nutrients to grow and develop healthy bones. Being underweight and not getting enough calories could mean someone might not develop obviously. Doctors call this a ‘failure to thrive
- Adding snacks: High-protein and whole-grain carbohydrate snacks can help someone gain weight. Examples include spread crackers, protein bars, trail mix, pita chips and hummus, or a few of almonds.
- Eating several small meals every day: Sometimes an individual could also be underweight because they can’t tolerate eating large meals. Instead, someone can eat several small meals throughout the day.
- Incorporating additional foods: someone can add calorie-dense food sources to their existing diet, like putting slivered almonds on top of cereal or yogurt, sunflower or chia seeds on a salad or soup, or spread on whole-grain toast.
- Avoiding empty calories: Eating high-calorie foods may cause an individual to realize weight, but they even have excess fats that would affect a person’s heart and blood vessels. someone should avoid foods that are high in sugar and salt.
- DETOX PREMIUM POWDER : Detox premium powder are herbo-mineral sachets which are purely Ayurvedic formulation. These sachets mainly detox the body and eliminate toxic substances and helps in proper metabolism of all the functions and thus helps in weight gain. These sachets have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and immune-modulator. The ingredients present in it are moti pishti, parwal pishti, shukta pishti, Giloy satv, kamdudha ras, Jahar Mohra, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, sutshekhar ras, etc. These ingredients balance all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) and help in blood purification, reduce burning sensation, weakness, and hot flashes in patients. It reduces the level of high uric acid in the body and is beneficial in relieving discomfort, numbness, muscle ache, and reduces swelling.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily.
- RE-ACTIVE PROTEIN POWDER : Re-active protein powder is a herbo-mineral powder and is purely Ayurvedic formulation. Re-active protein powder is herbal supplement for bodybuilding and weight management without any side effects. It is a health supplement for daily use. Re-active powder contains herbal ingredients such as Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Safed musli (Asparagus abscendens), Salam Panja (Orchis lalifolia), Vadari Kand (Puerania tuberosa), Shudh Shilajeet (Asphaltum punjabianum), Kaunch beej (Mucuna prurita), etc. These herbs helps to maximize Stamina, provides extra bone strength, calms the brain, maximize anabolic activity, and maximize muscle growth and power, balances hormonal levels. Herbal Re-active powder is a Delicious Chocolate flavored Health and Brain tonic for both children and adults.
Recommended Dosage: take 10 GM Twice a day with lukewarm Milk or water.
- KUTAKI CAPSULE : These herbal capsules are prepared from the standardized extract of Kutaki (Picrorhiza kurroa). The herb used in this capsule show anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These properties help in treating liver cirrhosis naturally.
Recommended Dosage: Take two capsules twice a day with normal water.
- ASHWAGANDHA TABLET : Ashwagandha tablet is an herbal and purely ayurvedic formulation. It contains pure extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). Ashwagandha has been called the kings of Ayurvedic herbs. Its root has a horsey smell. It boosts your immune system and relieves stress. It is made from the goodness of Ashwagandha also known as Indian ginseng. It helps you recover from anxiety and depression, boost your brain. It may also modestly enhance strength performance, improve glucose metabolism, increase testosterone levels It is a good antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-cancer and anti-stress properties. It also Reduce blood sugar levels, Reduce symptoms of depression, Boost testosterone and increase fertility in men, and Increase muscle mass and strength.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.