It’s normal to have some anxiety in some situations. It can alert you to dangers and help you prepare and pay attention. Anxiety disorders is different from normal nervousness it involves excessive fear or anxiety. Anxiety disorders are the most common of mental disorders and mostly affect nearly adults at some point in their lives. But anxiety disorders are treatable and many effective treatments and therapies are available. In ayurveda it is called as chittodvege.
- Generalized anxiety disorder. You feel excessive, unnecessary worry and tension for no reason.
- Panic disorder. feeling of sudden, intense fear that leads on a panic attack. During a panic attack you may break out in a sweating may have chest pain, and have a increased heartbeat. Sometimes you may feel breathless or having a cardiac attack .
- Social anxiety disorder. or can say social phobia this is when you feel unnecessary worry and self-consciousness about everyday social events . unnecessary worry about other people judging you .
- Specific phobias. You feel intense fear of a specific object or situation,animal such as fear of heights. The fear goes beyond what’s necessary and may cause you to avoid ordinary situations.
- Agoraphobia.You have an intense fear of being in a place where it seems hard to escape or get help if an emergency occurs. For example, you may panic or feel anxious when you are in a crowded place , public transportation, or standing in queue with a crowd.
- Separation anxiety. not only kids feel scared or anxious when a beloved one leaves. Anyone can get separation anxiety disorder.
- Medication-induced anxiety disorder. Use of certain medication and some medical condition may cause anxiety .
- Selective mutism. type of social anxiety in which person who talk normally with their family can’t speak in public places .
- Genetics. Anxiety disorders can run in families. .
- Environmental stress. This refers to stressful environment you have seen or lived through. Life events are linked to anxiety disorders includes childhood abuse and neglect, or death of a loved one, or being victim of violence.
- Drug withdrawal . Certain drugs, alcohol and substance use may cause anxiety symptoms.
- Medical conditions.certain serious medical condition may cause anxity disorders . certain disease of heart and thyroid may cause symptoms similar to anxiety disorders .
- drug induced transquillsers, steroids
- Feelings of panic
- Feeling of danger
- Cold, sweaty, restless ,numb, or tingling hands or feet
- SOB (Shortness of breath)
- Breathlessness or hyperventilation
- Palpitations (increased heart rate )
- Mouth dryness
- Over Thinking
- Unable to concentrate
WHAT ARE AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ANXIETY DISORDERS ?
- madhura rasa food
- following sadvritta
- yoga and meditation
- deep breathing excercise
- Avoiding the causative factors
- Avoid incompatible food items (virudh aahar )
- Avoid excessive intake of coffee, tea, soft drinks,
- avoide intake of pityta pradhan/ vardhak food items like hot spicy food, alcohol and smoking .
- Avoid stressful conditions as much as possible
- Shiroabhyanga (head massage)
- Shiro vasti
- Takra dhara
- Nasya karma with Brahmi svarasa
- shirolepa with Brahmi
SINGLE DRUGS :
SOME COMPOSITIONS :
CAC Brahmi capsules are herbal and purely ayurvedic formulation. Brahmi help promote mental fitness ,improve brain and nervous system. Brahmi is one of the world’s most powerful adaptogens. Brahmi help improve mental clarity, overall well being and boost energy without adverse side effects. Brahmi has Cooling property which keeps the mind calm and free of anxiety . It also promote sound sleep. Regular consumption of Brahmi strenghthen immune system. It is a good anti oxidant, anti bacterial, anti microbial and best immunity booster.
DOSAGE: 1-2 capsules twice daily with water after meals.
Mann Mitra Tablet
CAC Mann Mitra tablet is herbal and purely ayurvedic medicine. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment for psychiatric conditions and help to balance all the three doshas of body i.e vata, pitta, kapha. CAC Mann Mitra tablet improves intelligence and speech problems. It is helpful for making the nervous system strong and nerves as well. It contains various herbs like Bala, Vacha, Shankhpushpi, Nagkeshar etc that help you fight insomnia, anxiety, and stress. It works as a antioxidant, anti depressant, immuno booster, anti epileptic and as neuro protective drug.
Brain Relaxant Churna
This churna is pure Ayurvedic which helps to rejuvenate the brain cells, improves memory, give strength to the body, & increases the concentration by calming down the brain. It is prepared from herbs that show calming effect on brain and gives you relaxation. Brain relaxant churna shows antioxidant, Neuroprotective, carminative and anti-inflammatory properties. Ingredients present in this churna are Amla (Emblica officinalis), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Marich (Piper nigrum), Haldi (Curcuma longa), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Suddha Gandhak, Lauha Bhasma. It helps to Maintain blood sugar level, Anti-depressant, Insomnia, Increase Haemoglobin levels, Cures indigestion, Helpful in Ulcerative colitis, and Nerve tonic. It helps in dealing with health conditions such as feeling delusion, hallucinations, disordered thinking, disabling, & impair daily functioning related to schizophrenia patients.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablespoon of this churna twice daily.
Rasayan vati contains various herbs such as Aswagandha, Shilajeet, Amla, Kesar, Musali, Shatavar, Brahmi Abhrak Bhasam, Swarn Makshik Bhasam, Yashad Bhasam, Mukta pisti, Praval pisti, Jaiphal, Vang Bhasam, Dalchini, Javitri, Gokhru, Kaunch Beej, Saunth, Mirch, Pipli, Amla, Kesar, Manjith, Anant Mool, Brahmi, Musali, Swarn Vang, etc. These ingredients show antioxidant, aphrodisiac, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic, immuno-modulator properties. These tablets provide good results in General debility, Psychological disorders, and improves immunity.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily.