To about the treatment of non alcoholic fatty liver disease firstly it is important to know about the disease its causes and symptoms. Lets have a look on this.
What is non alcoholic fatty liver disease?
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a term that is used for range of liver conditions that affects people who do not take alcohol. As the name indicates, in this condition of NAFLD is too much fat stored in liver cells.
- NAFLD affecting about one-quarter of the population and it one of the most common in chronic liver disease conditions.
- In more severe cases, individuals with NAFLD may have risk for developing nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), an aggressive form of fatty liver disease, in which liver inflammation occurs which may progress to advanced scarring (cirrhosis) and then liver failure.
Symptoms of NAFLD
There is no specific sign & symptoms for NAFLD . People may feel:
- Pain or discomfort in the upper right abdomen
Other sign & symptoms that can be seen in severe cases of NAFL and liver scarring (cirrhosis) include:
- Abdominal distension i.e. ascites
- Red palms
- Enlarged spleen
- Yellowing discoloration of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
Causes of NAFLD
Exact cause for accumulation of fat in the liver is not known. However some conditions that may lead to the NAFL are
- Overweight or obesity
- Insulin resistance, in this condition your cells don’t take up sugar in response to the insulin
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- High levels of fats, mainly triglycerides, in the blood
Due to all these factors fat deposits in the liver. For some people, this excessive fat acts as a toxin for liver cells, that cause inflammation in the liver inflammation and NASH, which may lead to scarring of the tissue in the liver.
Diseases and conditions that can increase your risk of NAFLD, include
- High levels of cholesterol and triglycerides
- Suffering from Metabolic syndrome
- Obesity, particularly when fat is concentrated in the abdomen
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Underactive endocrine glands like pituitary , thyroid
NASH is more commonly seen in
- People with diabetes
- Aged people
- People with more belly or abdominal fat
The main complication of NAFLD is Liver cirrhosis, which occurs after scarring in the liver. When our liver tries to cope up with inflammation, then areas of scarring (fibrosis) occurs. With this continued inflammation, fibrosis can damage all the liver tissue.
Further cirrhosis can lead to:
- Fluid collection in the abdomen that leads to ascites
- Portal Hypertension
- Confusion, drowsiness and slurred speech
- Liver cancer
- Liver failure
There are some preventive measures that are helpful to reduce your risk of NAFLD:
- Take healthy diet.Always choose a healthy diet that’s rich in fresh fruits, green vegetables, whole grains and healthy fats.
- Regular Exercise is the key to stay healthy. As it helps to keep you fit , stay away from many kind of infections.
- Maintain a healthy weight.If you are obese, then reduce your weight. Maintain the number of calories you eat each day and get more exercise. You can maintain your weight by doing exercise and choosing healthy diet.
Your doctor can made a diagnose by taking your complete history and by doing examination. Certain blood investigations and imaging techniques are helpful to rule out the other conditions .
- Complete blood count
- Liver function tests
- Tests for Hepatitis
- Celiac disease screening test
- Test for blood sugar
- Lipid profile, that measures blood fats, like cholesterol and triglycerides
Imaging procedures used to diagnose NAFLD include:
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Computerized tomography (CT) scanning or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic resonance elastography
Liver biopsy – It is helpful to confirm the diagnose and to rule out other conditions
Lifestyle and home remedies
There are some simple tips that can be used to control your nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. You can:
- Lose weight
- Choose a healthy diet
- Do regular Exercise
- Control your diabetes
- Lower your cholesterol
- Avoid Alcohol
- Protect your liver
Treatment of NAFLD
In modern science treatment is done symptomatically. Medications are given to treat the symptoms in patients and reduce the severity of symptoms in patients. However healthy diet and life style can be effective.
Ayurvedic management of NAFLD
- In Ayurvedic contexts, this condition of NAFLD can be correlated with Yakrutodar roga. This is classified under one of the eight type of Udararoga. Reduced digestive fire (Mandagni)and accumulation of toxins (mal sanchay)are two main cause of udar roga.
- Ayurveda has an important role in management of fatty liver. Ayurveda has a holistic approach towards any diseased condition as it manage the condition with combination ahara(diets), vihara(lifestyle recommendations) and vyayama (mild exercise). By using combination of Medicines and panchkarma procedures have shown good results.
- Panchkarma treatment is very effective for treating NAFL. As in Panchkarma complete detoxification of the body is done so all the toxins are reomoved out of the body and all the elements in body get stabilize.
Treatment of NAFL with CAC
- CAC Provides the natural and pure ayurvedic treatment for the fatty liver which not only cure the disesese but also treat the root cause..
- Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides a kit i.e. “Fatty Liver Care Kit“. This kit is a combination of the medicines that are described best for the liver, digestion-related problems, and strengthening liver function.
CAC Fatty Liver Care Kit contains
- Detox premium powder
- Liver care tablets
- Liver care syrup
- Kutki capsule
- Panchsakar churna
For more information about the medicines, you can visit our website